Fwd: Kruceniski

Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 30 Dec 2016 17:25:11 -0500

text/plain

Our valuable lister, Charles Mintzer, accidentally sent one of his two
messages without content and, for all interested (count me among them!),
I'm forwarding this followup on his behalf.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: charles mintzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 5:08 PM
Subject: Kruceniski
To: LISTSERV <[log in to unmask]>

This much I do know. In the early days of electrical recording, 1926 to be
specific, Kruceniski who had visited the USA, made Columbia electrical
recordings of Ukranian songs; she also toured the US, but not on the
big-name celebrity circuit, but sang for Ukranian societies. There is a
magnificent picture-book of her, coffee-table format, published in the
Ukraine. My visiting guest from Belgium Rudi van den Bulck just told me
that years ago he saw on German TV a documentary about Kiev, and that they
showed footage of a Kruceniski museum in Kiev.

Charles Mintzer