Subject: Re: Shakespeare and opera - Rossini's "Otello"
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 22 Dec 2016 07:49:41 -0500

The Rome Opera brought it to the Met in 1968 with Virginia
Zeani and a boatload (literally) of tenors. It was a beautiful
production and the opera showed some splendid music, especially
for Desdemona. Fredericka von Stade made a beautiful recording
of the role, and she has selections on a number of recital CDs.
The Willow Scene is particularly effective.

Bob