Subject: Caruso's Trill (was Re: BEWARE of CD "The Lost Art of the Trill")
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Dec 2016 15:00:21 -0500

Hi Max

I'm with you on Nelie Melba. She is far from my favorite singer, showing
very little affinity for the dramatic aspects of singing, but she had some
technical skills matched by very few, a spectacularly separated and
perfectly
pitched trill among them

Frank Drake, whose passing was lamented by a number of us two weekd
ago, and I, agreed in private correspondence that her top C in the Caruso
"O Soave Fanciulla" was the most perfectly placed and floated tone we had
ever heard. Famous singers become famous for good reasons!

Bob