Subject: Caruso's Trill (was Re: BEWARE of CD "The Lost Art of the Trill")
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Dec 2016 13:20:18 -0500

It's documented on Google, and there are 29 selections, not one from
the LP era. No Callas, Sills or Sutherland, which is kind of silly.
Pol Plancon, Schumann Heink, Ponselle with two,Tiana Lemnitz, whom
I have never associated with a great trill, Selma Kurz, of course, Josef
Schmidt, Leon Escalais, and Marcella Sembrich are among the luminaries.

A brief comment - with 29 selections, it would seem to me not
unreasonable to assume that some or all the selections would
be excerpts.

Bob