Subject: Caruso's Trill (was Re: BEWARE of CD "The Lost Art of the Trill")
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Dec 2016 12:50:55 -0500

The very passable trill Caruso sings in his recording of "Ombra mai fu" makes me wonder why
he omitted the important trills in his recording of "Ah, si, ben mio."  (At least, if there are trills
in that recording, they just sound like vibrato.)

Speaking of the Trovatore aria, I came across this curiosity on youtube: Caruso's voice
dubbed over a stereo orchestra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtKNXYB0wDI

I know this sort of thing upsets purists, but I think it puts an interesting perspective on
Caruso's voice.

Sorry the Malibran  recording was a disappointment.  Just out of curiosity, who were some of
the other singers whose trills were included?

Max