Subject: ARTISTS' EVENTS
From: Bob Dilley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Dec 2016 06:54:21 -0500

Forsooth Opera Lovers!

Today we can celebrate the birthdays of:

Piotr Beczala (1966)
Paolo Silveri (1913-2001)
Roger Sessions (1896-1985)
Elvira De Hildago 1892-1980)
Francesco Tamagno (1850-1905)

Also, Offenbach's "Madame Favart'" and Humperdinck's "Konigskinder"
premiered on this date in 1828 and 1910, respectively.

Let us remember the following artists who joined Heaven's Choir on this
date:

Maurice Ravel (1875-1937)
Paul Hindemith 1895-1963)
Antonio Caldara (1670-1736)

The quote for today is:  "At first I thought I should be a second
Beethoven; presently I found that to be another Schubert would be good;
then gradually, satisfied with less and less, I resigned to be a
Humperdinck."
Engelbert Humperdinck.

As always, a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our birthday artists for today and
all forum members who share their birthday with them.

ARTISTS' EVENTS salutes these artists for their enduring contributions
to the world of classical music.

ARTISTS' EVENTS honors the following Hall of Fame peerless artists for
their profound contributions to the world of opera:

Tenor of all tenors Enrico Caruso (25 February 1873-2 August 1921)
Coloratura prima donna assoluta Erna Berger (19 October 1900-14 June
1990)
Soprano prima donna assoluta Rosa Ponselle (22 January 1897-25 May
1981)
Prima contralto assoluta Fedora Barbieri (4 June 1920-4 March 2003)
Baritone unequaled Leonard Warren (21 April 1911-4 March 1960)
Basso profundo of all bassos Ezio Pinza (18 May 1892-9 May 1957)

In memory of the following first rate artists for December 2016:

Primo tenore Francesco Tamagno (28 Dec 1850-31 Aug 1905)
Coloratura stupenda Rita Streich (18 Dec 1920-20 Mar 1987)
Soprano prima donna Lucrezia Bori (24 Dec 1887-14 May 1960)
Contralto assoluta Hetty Plumacher (3 Dec 1919-3 Jun 2005)
Baritone unparalleled Giancarlo Guelfi (21 Dec 1924-8 Feb 2012)
Basso profundo Fernando Corena (22 Dec 1916-26 Nov 1984)
Distinguished virtuoso Pablo Casals (29 Dec 1876-22 Oct 1973)
Preeminent conductor Willem van Otterloo (27 Dec 1907-27 Jul 1978)
Premier composer Giacomo Puccini (22 Dec 1858-29 Nov 1924)
Featured premier Jules Massenet's "Herodiade" 19 Dec 1881

NON CLASSICAL RECORDINGS OF MERITORIOUS ARTISTIC EXCELLENCE:

"Mas Canciones," Linda Ronstadt
"Canciones de Mi Padre," Linda Ronstadt
"Jardin Azul: Las Canciones Favoritas," Linda Ronstadt
"Greatest Italian Songs," vol 1, Connie Francis
"Greatest Italian Songs," vol 2, Connie Francis
"Spanish and Latin American Favorites," Connie Francis
Bing Crosby: "White Christmas," with sales of over 100 MILLION copies.
Also, he was the best recording artist of the 20th century with over
half a BILLION records in circulation.

May ARTISTS' EVENTS put a smile on your face and a song in your heart
each day.

Pace e Gioia,

Bob Dilley
FIAT VOLUNTAS DEI