Subject: Re: Met Aida on Footage Farm
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Sat, 24 Dec 2016 22:45:32 -0500

On Sat, 24 Dec 2016, Richard Maynard Wilson wrote:

> That's Lawrence Tibbett as Amonasro near the beginning and putting on his
> makeup at the end.
> The conductor doesn't look like Bodanzky to me - no idea who he is though.

Right - clearly Tibbett.  Although the accompanying notes say the conductor is
Bodanzky, brief web searching shows that it's Ettore Panizza who made
his debut on the opening night AIDA of Dec. 22, 1934 and conducted AIDA
during the 1934-35 season.

   Listowner: OPERA-L ; SMT-ANNOUNCE ; SoundForge-users