Subject: Met Aida on Footage Farm
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Sat, 24 Dec 2016 22:13:23 -0500

Footage Farm appears to be a film library of stock footage, some of which is on
YouTube.  Image my surprise when I came across a lengthy except from a pre-1934
Met production of AIDA - act 2 Triumphal scene.

Before you get too excited, the entire thing is silent.  Considering the camera
angles, I want to think it was filmed during a rehearsal, but some view include
close up of an audience.  Gatti-Casazza is viewed backstage at the 4 minute
mark, and Artur Bodanzky is shown in close up conducting - although he never
conducted AIDA at the Met (must have been a rehearal).

A very interesting blast from the past:

blog:   Twitter: @kos2
   Listowner: OPERA-L ; SMT-ANNOUNCE ; SoundForge-users

Modify your settings: