Subject: Addio,mio amico
From: Charles Handelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 23 Dec 2016 11:12:27 -0500

As the voice of Richard Tucker, in memory of Ed, who was "family,"fills my
room, I recall how one of Tucker's sons wished us luck before our Forza in
1998, and it was like his "spirit" was there. Mr.Tape and Ed were the two
"pirate rivals" I met, and I got the idea from them.I treasure one of Ed's
LP's."Ed Rosen and Friends," wioth the Trovatore trio with Ricciarlli,
Carreras, and Ed.
  Ed never studied,but for someone who had natural ability, he scared us
when he took the high B flat at the ensemble Aida act 2 along with the tenor
and soprano and mezzo.
    I never forgave him (see youtube) for that loud high A flat at the end
of our Puritani duet...two pirates in Puritani. I  also asked him if the
body of Maria Jeritza was buried somewhere among the VHS's in his basement.
     There will be more FROM ME.......and Opera News BETTER celebrate HIS
ACHIEVEMENtS.   We can now expect tributes from
Millo,Carreras,Ricciarelli,and dozens of others.
   Addio, mio amico con la gran voce.