Subject: Re: CHRISTMAS GIFTS FOR 2016, LAGNIAPPE
From: Paul Ferraro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 22 Dec 2016 19:02:47 -0500

True - I saw Carlo's Nemorino in Baltimore in late 90's (he must have been
in mid 70's of age).  It was really a lesson to ALL aspiring singers, no
matter the vocal category.

At first, I was sort of apprehensive, having brought along several of my
skeptical friends, who knew nothing about him, but trusted my judgment &
praise "What if he had a poor showing - where would would I hide?").  BUT
the minute he opened his mouth & poured out "Quanto e bella", I just knew he
would conquer the audience.  His "Adina credimi" & of course, "Una furtiva"
brought down the house with unceasing applause & shouts of "bravo".

What a great, great artist & sincerely nice person Carlo was!

DonP.