Subject: Re: Ed Rosen enriched lives
From: Paul Ferraro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 22 Dec 2016 18:45:40 -0500

It was my great pleasure in calling us "friends" since the mid-60's, when Ed
& I would periodically meet in either the Forest Hills or Kew Gardens subway
stations to exchange shopping bags full of reel-to-reel "contraband"
performances.

We lost touch because I relocated from NY to Washington DC in the early 70's
for a career in government.  We re-established contact some years ago via
the Internet & (you should excuse the very thought) RMO.  We always
considered & respected each others opinion & never, ever had a hostile or
sarcastic exchange.  Oddly, Ed & I were nearly 90% in accord as far as
tenors were concerned (especially the one now wrecking baritone roles); but
could rarely agree on baritones - such makes for an interesting horse race
:>)

WE owe him a debt of gratitude for his sharing of thousands of performances
& bringing us wonderful artists & operas that for whatever reason were
ignored by the Met.  Ed is now in operatic Paradise, listening to his
beloved Richard Tucker, Carlo Bergonzi & so many others - he deserves the
very best!

DonP.