Subject: Re: Next season at Paris Opera
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 15 Dec 2016 14:24:33 -0500

And after that, Agamemnon.

Grenvil? Why? Just so he can still be onstage? (I mean, if he now wants to take on the
world of the comprimario - and ok, fine - one would think there are so many other more
interesting roles he could have done...And is there really any chance of actually hearing
him make a sound in that final quintet, in that tessitura?)

Maybe he should ask trump if he can join the new cabinet. ;-)

And btw - am I correct in reading that they're planning both Don Carlos AND Don Carlo?
Interesting. Will it be the same score just in 2 languages, or are they doing different
versions of the music as well?