Subject: One of my best: The Sound of the Human Heart
From: Jason Victor Serinus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 15 Dec 2016 10:40:35 -0800

Hi there,

This may appear on the first page of an audio magazine, Stereophile, but
its message is relevant to everyone on Opera-L. At least, IMHO.

jason

I hope you will read:

http://www.stereophile.com/content/sound-human-heart#comments-link#KHLBZMyF8SMI61EW.97

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts
can be counted.—William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual
Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
I hear not the volumes of sound merely, I am moved by the exquisite
meanings.—Walt Whitman, "That Music Always Round Me," from Leaves of Grass

Read more at
http://www.stereophile.com/content/sound-human-heart#yVvq2vF8qJxPSGcj.99
---
Jason Victor Serinus http://www.jasonserinus.com     Whistler
Extraordinaire: **The Voice of Woodstock • The Pavarotti of Pucker**
Music and audiophile critic: Seattle Times, Port Townsend Leader,
Stereophile, Listen, San Francisco Classical Voice, Bay Area Reporter, Gay
City News, American Record Guide, Classical Voice North America, Stanford
Live, Opera Now, Copper, and more

"Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the
tormentor, never the tormented.” — Elie Wiesel

“This is a time to remember all of us who are LGBTQ. It’s a time to stand
out and be proud, to parade who we are, to celebrate and to let them know
we will not be silenced, we will not be stopped, we will not go back into
the closet. Together, we will love.” — JVS at our Orlando Massacre Support
Rally in Port Townsend, WA