Subject: Re: Salome
From: "G. Paul Padillo" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 18 Dec 2016 14:21:12 -0500

Some love her, others loathe her.  No suprise there.  I'm in the "lover" camp and found
yesterday's performance to be beautiful and enthralling throughout.  I love the sound of her
voice, while not blind to its problem areas.  The "wobble" doesn't bother me and is less
pronounced than many other far beloved singers (including a certain Greek American soprano
from NYC).  Racette's artistry of interpretation is, for some of us, more than the dismissive
"singing actress" quips.

I had a more than satisfactory listen of one of my favorite operas with a cast and orchestra,
led by a young maestro whose work I look forward to hearing more of.  That's enough for me.

Modify your settings: