Subject: Re: RIP Lotte Rysnaek and Claudia Parada
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 16 Dec 2016 17:47:46 -0500

Those who have been on this list for more than a minute
probably know that I am a huge fan of Leonie Rysanek,
one of opera's true larger than life singers. Because of my
admiration, I was overjoyed at the prospect of seeing her
little sister as Cio Cio San in the mid seventies. I left after
one act and enjoyed a late dinner at one of Vienna's
"best" restaurants, which it was. Lotte was as ordinary as
dishwater.

A year, or two, later, I saw her in Dalibor with big sister,
Leonie, and I found it a remarkable pairing, in every
way. What seemed a modest (at best) talent, revealed
itself as a fully formed artist, who reminded me of the
story of the "Ugly Duckling". She was, in every way,
a revelation, and I value the memory enormously.

Bob