Subject: Re: Pol Plancon sings Cantique de Noel
From: "ls111553 ." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 16 Dec 2016 15:55:15 +0000

I know it's "off path", but my favorite recording (besides Jussi's) is one,
also in Swedish, by the "Oscar's Motet Choir", Torsten Nilsson, conductor
and organist. Since the 1970s, it has been a reference item for audiophiles
as a good test for a system's ability to resolve voices. But what I love is
the simple, reverential approach to this hymn, as it would be (ideally)
sung in a Midnight Mass at a small church.
The SACD, played on a reasonably good setup, is delightful! I get
goosebumps when the small choir joins the soprano! The presence is so real
that you can point to the individual voices.
Besides, the title track "Cantate Domino" is fantastic!

https://youtu.be/-TsP0iWgZaQ