Subject: R. I. P. Robert White
From: charles mintzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 16 Dec 2016 08:02:20 -0500

I have known Bob White for perhaps over forty years; he came into my life through my friends, David Stein, Robert Rideout, Frank Sloan, Richard Miller and Alan Willig. I do not equate my friendship with these other mutual friends, but whenever I saw Bob at performances or at funerals we enjoyed each other’s company.
About twelve years ago I ran into Bob in the Met gift shop. I invited him to accompany me to the Met cafeteria for a bite; I am a volunteer at the Met and enjoyed backstage privileges. I also brought him downstairs to the Archives and introduced him to my friend Bob Tuggle. They really hit it off and Bob White became one of the early troubleshooters of the very new Met database. Bob White had an extensive email correspondence with Bob Tuggle and helped in the startup phase with numerous valuable suggestions. He along with David Shengold routinely helped the Archives in correcting errors and typos on the database, all to make the database as perfect as possible. To think we lost these two great guys in the same year, 2016. Rest in Peace Bob.
Charles Mintzer