Subject: Re: Elisabeth Carron
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 15 Dec 2016 19:43:18 -0500

Elizabeth Carron is actually well lnown to any Callas fan who
owns, or has heard the famous and extraordinary "Medea"
from Dallas in 1958. The cast included Callas, Carron, Berganza,
Vickers, and Zaccaria, under Rescigno's conducting. Judith
Raskin was the first maid.

Those who know ths performance know its magnificence,
and Elizabeth Carron played no small part in the success
of the revival. It is among my Callas treasures, not least
because of Carron, who transformed a secondary role
into a memorable event.

Bob