Subject: Re: Butterfly from La Scala
From: Lloyd William Hanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 15 Dec 2016 23:18:15 +0000

This is the most authentically staged Butterfly I have ever seen, especially the motions of Butterfly and Suzuki and the contrast of these body motion with those of the Americans and the lower social townspeople,

The use of the moveable screens to inject the quiet and gentle changing of the home environment is also delightful.  I am drawn into a different culture, one that is more defined yet subtle in expresion.

The singing is superb.  Fine voices used extremely well.

Lloyd W. Hanson
lloydwhanson.com<http://lloydwhanson.com/>