Subject: Re: re Madame Butterfly and revised (original) score
From: "Mitchell, Katalin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 15 Dec 2016 22:29:01 +0000

This is wonderful, thank you so much…. I have started to watch the video
this afternoon and am totally delighted by it - the beauty of the
production and wonderful performances are highlighted by all those
fascinating bits and pieces that Puccini later got rid of or changed… I
particularly got a kick out of the bitchy family members during the
wedding that he should have definitely left in the score…other cuts are
very judicious, and the melodies we love all got better as he improved on
the original score (not to even mention the addition of the gorgeous Addio
fiorito asil….)
It is thrilling to watch, and this new piece just adds to the pleasure of
it all.
Thank you, thank you!!!!
Kati

On 12/15/16, 5:01 PM, "Discussion of opera and related issues on behalf of
E J Michel" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of [log in to unmask]>