Subject: Re: Next season at Paris Opera
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 15 Dec 2016 16:17:25 -0500

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Alain Letort <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear Listers,
> I had heard from one of the principals that the Opéra was reviving “Les
> Huguenots” in 2018, but I don’t see it on the list that Frank Cadenhead
> sent. Perhaps it has been slated for the 2018-2019 season?  Does anyone
> know?

I read that LES HUGUENOTS will open the 2018/19 season, consistent with
what your friend told you about the year (2018). The article summarized an
interview that Lissner gave to French TV and it was also mentioned that
Berlioz's LES TROYENS will be revived in the same season. I wish I can
remember where I read it and will post if I find it. The 2017/18 season was
also partly covered but there was no mention of the Italian DON CARLOS,
only the French version with Kaufmann, Yoncheva. Given Kaufmann's frequent
cancellations lately, it's good to see in this thread that an excellent
Hymel is also listed for the title role. Paris is in my travel plans for
either next year or a year later, hence I follow these different
announcements with a great anticipation, and hope I'll be able to see at
least one of these productions.

Modify your settings: