Subject: Re: CHRISTMAS GIFTS FOR 2016
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 21 Dec 2016 01:02:45 +0000

I also love that duet. Milanov, IMO, is magnificent! I always wished that Bergonzi was on that recording. Tebaldi is very good in that duet with Carlo on the London Aida, but not as good as Milanov, just as I think Carlo is superior to Jussi.  There is a pirated recording with Caballe and Bergonzi from La Scala, in which both their soft high pianos are gorgeous. On the final note, Carlo actually outdoes her final note, being higher and softer. Been listening to a lot of Bergonzi today, a totally joyful experience!