Subject: Re: CHRISTMAS GIFTS FOR 2016
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 21 Dec 2016 00:41:16 +0000

I've given this so much thought because there are so many operatic wonders preserved in sound, but I always return to the Tomb Scene (Aida) as sung by Jussi Bjoerling and Zinka Milanov on the still-classic RCA recording. I discovered it when I was seventeen, and I still listen to it in wonderment. I've heard no other version of this scene that satisfies me as much.
Les/Chicago