Subject: Re: Xmas music
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 20 Dec 2016 16:08:38 -0500

I tend to rotate Xmas music every year except for a couple of albums that I
always listen to:
- Leontyne Price with Karajan and VPO
- "Christmas from a Golden Age" with many selections already listed by
others as their favorites

I also love Emy Ameling's album that Max mentions, with charming  Xmas
songs from different countries and she sings them all in the original
languages.

Since other genres are mentioned, I do miss the annual tradition on
Letterman's show with Darlene Love's "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)".
Which brings me to the Xmas album produced by Phil Spector, also already
mentioned,-- a horrible man, but the music is great. A timeless classic,
IMO.

And I make every effort not to forget on the 24th to listen to the radio
broadcast of "A Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols" from King's College.

Vesna