Subject: Re: Xmas music
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 20 Dec 2016 19:40:33 +0000

The Price Christmas Album with Von K and Carlo Bergonzi  singing the complete White Christmas in  English and Italian, Is all the Christmas music I need-LOL!  Seriously though, on You Tube, I heard a wonderful and very moving O Holy Night, by Celine Dion.  As for Otello, I have read that the story line of the opera is better than the Shakespeare original. It seems that some think the play is too long and that the opera makes the story more compelling, and then, there is that Music! I love Macbeth, but wish they would cut out the witches scenes. Gounod's R&J is a favorite of mine, and IMO, underrated.