Subject: Xmas music
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 20 Dec 2016 13:55:53 -0500

Yes, it's OK to spell it that way; just don't pronounce it that way.
We're finished with O Holy Night - check.

We're finished with Shakespeare's 400th - check.

We're finished with the 2016 election - check.

So how about our annual lists of favorite Xmas music, in or out
of opera, and/or our favorite Xmas music sung by opera singers?

These are my essentials.

Bach:  The Christmas Oratorio

Schumann-Heink:  Stille Nacht and Weihnachten

John McCormack: Adeste Fidelis

Nelson Eddy: The Twelve Days of  Xmas

The Beach Boys Christmas Album.

P.S. An annual question: Does anybody know who, from the Met, according to
tradition, will be singing at St. Patrick's on Christmas Eve?

Modify your settings: