Subject: Re: READ AND SHARE: only opera please
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 19 Dec 2016 13:37:24 -0500

I agree partly:  there is always room, IMO, for the discussion of topics
that
a number of opera-loving members happen to be interested in as long as the
topic arises from some opera-related event, even if it's only in a book or
movie. Or, should we not be permitted to comment upon the president-elect's
choice of a National Anthem soloist, for example, when she has been
incorrectly referred to as an "opera singer"?  What if it had been Hillary
and she had chosen "lady gaga", would you then want to be gagged? (I think
many of us WOULD be, but in a different sense of the word).

Sometimes, things happen that overshadow our routine interests, and we all
should have an equal opportunity to voice a discreet "yay" or "nay", but I
think
extended diatribes with a purely political agenda should be strictly off
limits.

dtmk