Subject: Re: Marilyn Horne, a "hearty" singer
From: Clarissa Cheer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 18 Dec 2016 19:22:45 -0500

One of my favourite memories was back in the mid eighties. I remember
Horne's outstanding performance in Handel's Orlando in San Francisco. She
stood motionless centre stage  singing an ever lasting aria in full Roman
attire, including a helmet under the hot lights. The audience were all
fainting from the heat in then an non air conditioned theatre. The
production was fascinating and original. Kevin Langdon, Valerie Masterson
and counter tenor Gall were excellent in the cast.

Clarissa