Subject: Re: happy birthday to rosanna carteri
From: walter guitian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 14 Dec 2016 17:37:05 +0000

My message is not a criticism of Rosanna Carteri at all,  I clarify it, but I write to teach people who read the messages and maybe they can believe that something Mr Rideout says might be true. I say : Mr Rideout knows nothing, We see what he writes, for him to sing is "A", "B" and "C".
There is no "concern for technique and poor emission", the principle  the basis of the  technique is to get the voice out, and if that is wrong, everything else as well. Today it is believed that in order to sing a role, it is enough to reach the notes, that is, the roles are not sung,  that is sol-fa.  I give you the example of a piano. You tune it perfectly, all notes sound in their frequency, but it turns out that the harmonic box is poor, the string stuff is bad, and the hammers do not strick well. Conclusion, it is a can of very poor technique. It is a clear error that exists today.This week I was watching the video of La Scala Madama Butterfly  with Maria Jose Siri  and I could see all this explained above, the problem is not the middle or the top, it's the whole voice as it sounds

Walter