Subject: Re: "Ungrateful roles" and why
From: James Bodge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 8 Dec 2016 17:55:15 -0500

Bob is spot on with his asessment of the quality of various roles,
except that I would call Telramund a terrific role. Check out Schoffler,
Schorr, McIntyrer or Stewart, as well as the great Hermannn Uhde. A good
singer can enliven any part - even the AIDA Messenger.

I''m an actor who specializes in just these kind of "ensemble", or
supporting, roles.  They are very rewarding assignments in  the way they
  dominate for a few minutes and then revert to a quieter place in the show.

There are even rewards in parts like Morales in CARMEN. You'll only
notice him if he is bad.

Jim Bodge

--
James Bodge

You only need two things: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If something moves and
it shouldn't, use the Duct Tape.  If it won't move and it should, use
the WD-40.