Subject: Re: happy birthday to rosanna carteri
From: Don <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 14 Dec 2016 07:14:09 -0700

I have that Traviata recording and she is indeed wonderful in that role.
Her Suor Angelica was my second hearing of the role after a college
performance we did back in 1950 when I fell in love with the opera.  I
still prefer de Los Angeles but Carteri is my second favorite in the role.
Does anyone remember her in Opera d'Aran, a not-too-well-known opera by
Gilbert Becaud, a popular French music hall performer?  It's certainly
atmospheric but a cross between opera and Broadway.  I also have the
Italian language War and Peace recording with an amazing cast including
Carteri, Barbieri, Corelli, Bastianini, Tajo, Corena, Picchi, Capecchi and
Colzani conducted by Rodzinki.  What a lineup that was and still would be.
I still have a very old opera book with a photo of Carteri in War and
Peace.
dond

--
It's amazing how useful it can be.