Subject: happy birthday to rosanna carteri
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 14 Dec 2016 08:31:04 -0500

Hi Kurt

She never appeared at the Met, and her career was cut short
when she retired at the peak of her fame in her mid thirties to
devote herself to her family.That, by way of saying I never saw
her, but I own several of her recordings, which are well worth my
time, and yours. Her physical beauty and stage appearance
are as much a part of her legend as are her voice and vocalism

Her Cetra recording of Suor  Angelica is my favorite, even
considering the remarkable competition of Victoria de los
Angeles. The finale is capped by one of the most thrilling
top Cs ever recorded and her understandin of the role's
heartbreak is breathtaking.

She is equally appealing in a Cetra Boheme,  a wonderful RCA
Traviata with Valletti and Warren, a fabulous Cetra Falstaff, and
my favorite Butterfly Love duet, in an RAI recital with the superb
Carlo Bergonzi. Happy Birthday, indeed!

Bob