Subject: Re: Butterfly from La Scala
From: "ls111553 ." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 8 Dec 2016 20:23:05 +0000

Yes, VPN is the way to go. I've been telling folks about it for years.
Besides ARTE, Culturebox and other arts-friendly channels, I've been tuning
in to BBC iPlayer (despite subscription warnings), ITV hub, ATres Player
from Spain, all the French Tele France channels, Deutsche Welle and so on.
My choice VPN provider is IPVanish, about $76 for the one-year
subscription. The mother of all VPNs, HydeMyAss, is slightly costlier, but
has more servers. What I like about IPVanish, besides the very easy
interphase, is that you can install it in as many devices as you like;
phones, tablets, computers, etc., as long as it is not running in more than
2 devices at a time.

I stream through IPVanish from my iPhone into my TV via an Apple TV box.
Chromecast from Android phones works just as well.

"Free" VPNs have not worked well for me so far.

You need fast internet when using a VPN, as your bandwidth will take a hit.
I'd say 20 mbps minimum should do.

Cheers,

Luis