Subject: Steber in Brookline
From: Angelo Mammano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 12 Dec 2016 10:46:38 -0500

I got several questions about my program yesterday on Eleanor Steber.  It
went very well, thank you.  I had a good-sized crowd on a chilly day when
some people had to rush out near the end to attend a Messiah they had
planned to attend.  David asked about the Nuits d'Ete and yes, I did
program two songs: Villanelle (in reference to the season) and Sur les
Lagunes.  I also did the entire Knoxville Summer of 1915.  Also some
Traviata, Fanciulla, Don Carlo, et al.  I ended up with the duet from Mame
with Steber and Thebom.  Next month I do a program on Mascagni also for
the New England Opera Club.

Angelo from Boston