Subject: Re: L'Amour de Loin
From: Estelle Gilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 10 Dec 2016 19:37:33 -0800

I enjoyed this production  much more than the video I have of the
Salzburg performance,  which was darker visually as well as
emotionally..  Sellars had the three characters in a much more febrile state.
Yes, L' Amour de Loin  was  mesmerizing...the woman next to me was
asleep at the end of the first act.   and so mesmerized at the very
end, that she didn't awake when the theater lights went on again.

Theater in San Diego packed - not too many left :-)
Estelle