Subject: L'Amour de Loin
From: Ariane Csonka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 10 Dec 2016 22:21:00 -0500

Too sad that carping people overlook the magic.  I was transfixed by this new art form, the sensitive poetry, surging music and jeweled staging that expressed the longing for, yet the fear of, love, the agony of loss.  The lost-in-the-stars loneliness of the final apotheosis left me in tears, unable to move.
The music sounded fiendishly difficult, and I give full credit to all the singers for rendering it so beautifully.
Sometimes Gelb gets it right.  I can't wait to see other productions, having enjoyed youtube previews of the ENO Cirque de Soleil and Norwegian versions.
Modify your settings: