Subject: Re: L'Amour de Loin
From: Ken Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 10 Dec 2016 22:02:43 -0500

That's an interesting perspective. He couldn't play the prince in a
Hollywood movie, that's true, but he's only 46, and she must be in her early
or mid-30s. The age gap never struck me, nor does it seem too wide to me
now. More importantly, this is a yearning and sorrowing prince, and Owens'
face is well-suited to expressing those feelings. As for Phillips, she's
quite lovely, but she's from Alabama and she looks it - more homecoming
queen than countess. So they're both cast against type in that respect. But
that bothered me not at all.