Subject: Re: L'Amour de Loin
From: Ken Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 10 Dec 2016 20:13:39 -0500

Having prepared by listening to this opera on Sirius and Spotify and reading everything I could about Saariaho, the opera, and the production, I had high hopes today. And they were exceeded. Singing, acting, staging, libretto, score heard for the first time with the other elements of the work . . . everything knocked me out. Sooner or later I'll order a DVD of the Finnish National Opera production, but for now I just hope this will be up on Met Opera On Demand when the season ends. And look - the libretto! http://www.tripoli-city.org/amour/

Ken