Subject: L'Amour de Loin
From: Magnus Thordarson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 10 Dec 2016 15:03:00 -0800

Love in vain (Robert Johnson) is better than long distance love!!
L'Amour de Loin in HD today a bit of a yawner.  Bunch of people (with
their walkers) left in the first half.  Tedious and monotonous - my mind
kept wandering to things other than the opera I was watching.

Tamara Mumford was the star of the show.  Terrific talent, wonderful
performance.  Susanna Phillips was good too.  Eric Owens a big
disappointment, today was not one of his best days.  They had him miked
with a wireless miniature microphone - very visible during the halftime
interviews and also on the stage.  I wonder why, would like to think a
voice of his stature does not need one.  Perhaps the ladies were miked
too.  What was that about?

Magnús Þrándur Þórðarson | San Jose | California

Modify your settings: