Subject: Re: Piotr Beczala visits Met Archives; interesting interview
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 10 Dec 2016 13:33:51 -0500

I watched this interview and cannot praise it enough. It's much less about
Beczala, though it could be of interest to his admirers as well, and more
about operatic vocal art in general. Incredibly interesting ideas from a
singer who clearly has a great sense of connection with the past. I think
his desire to do a recording with the technology available ca. 1910 would
be a marvelous service to all of us, so that, as Beczala generously offers,
we can compare a tenor sound we hear today with modern technology or live
with that from the Caruso times. This and much more (singing in vernacular
vs. original languages) etc. makes this interview such a delightful and
edifying experience for any opera lover. Thank you for letting us know
about it, Charles!

Best, Vesna