Subject: Re: a great american
From: Jay & Ralph <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 9 Dec 2016 12:24:07 -0500

But Yuri Alekseyevich Gagarin was first
and sang from space
http://www.classicfm.com/discover/music/incredible-facts/yuri-gagarin/
and is recorded as a singer
(Gagarin is memorialized in music, including a cycle of Soviet patriotic songs The Constellation Gagarin (Russian: Созвездье Гагарина, tr. Sozvezdie Gagarina) was written by Alexandra Pakhmutova and Nikolai Dobronravov in 1970–1971.[57] The most famous of these songs referred to Gagarin's poekhali!: He said "let's go!" He waved his hand.[17][57] He was the inspiration for the pieces "Hey Gagarin" by Jean Michel Jarre (on Métamorphoses), "Gagarin" by Public Service Broadcasting, and "Gagarin, I loved you" by Undervud.)

And, I seem to recall there is an opera about his space flight.