Subject: Bizzare Butterfly entrance La Scala
From: David Blum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 9 Dec 2016 06:55:47 -0500

So the way I saw it, Butterfly and her entourage enter from the
second floor. At no time do we ever see her sing until after the
high Db. I believe there was an actress portraying Butterfly again
on the second level. Immediately after the high note Butterfly
emerges on the ground level to announce they have arrived.

Now if I were to take this literally, after taking 2 minutes to cross
the top level, Butterfly would have to sprint down the stairs
in about 3 seconds. Would have liked to see her sing some of
the aria. It could have very well been a recording the way it appeared

Also, Please could some knowledgeable members tell me about the
version that was used. I felt it inferior to the one that we are all
used to.

Thanks,
David