Subject: Re: Amplification in the Opera House (formerly RE: SALOME opening night MET 5 December)
From: "Takis Pavl." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 9 Dec 2016 09:36:49 +0000

The thing is that the composer in the scenes has already added an effect in the music. Usually it's a less melodic line that needs to be declaimed to sound like the word of God, day of judgement or something similar. If the stage director doesn't get it and/or can't use that, it means he has no clue what he's doing in an opera.
Takis

P.S. Apologies for the corrupt format of my previous emails, the copying and pasting merged some words after I clicked on send.