Subject: Re: Fwd: Metropolitan Opera Cast Change Advisory - Eugene Onegin
From: Alain Letort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 8 Dec 2016 22:01:39 -0500

Dear Listers:

WOW !!!  What a response !!!  I am overwhelmed by all these <i>glowing<i>
posts about Peter Mattei.  This is what makes Opera-L so valuable, indeed
irreplaceable.  If Opera-L didn’t exist I probably would have tried to
exchange our tickets for one of Mariusz Kwiecien’s performances, but now we
wouldn't *dream* of exchanging our tickets for the world, and we look
forward with great anticipation to Peter Mattei’s performance on April 12 !!!

I can’t imagine how Mr. Mattei’s name could have failed to register with me.
 I do read “Opera News” pretty carefully and of course Opera-L, but I must
have been offline or, as the French humorously say, “aux abonnés absents” --
a now defunct telephone service in France, used to indicate when people were
away from their homes, and now used as a phrase to describe absent-minded
people -- when he was being discussed.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond.

All the best,

Alain

Alain Letort
Washington, D.C.