Subject: Re: Fwd: Metropolitan Opera Cast Change Advisory - Eugene Onegin
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 8 Dec 2016 20:18:12 -0500

Mattei was the Onegin I saw at the Met a few seasons ago and he was one of the finest

I have ever seen.  He was authoritative in appearance and his voice was consistently

beautiful and expressive.  It of course makes sense for him to do the HD since Kwiecien

has done one already.

I am so saddened by the news about Hvorostovsky.  There are other baritones who sing

his repertoire but none have the presence, the charisma and the sheer magnificence of voice

that he has.  I hope for the best for him and wish for the day when he will return to the

operatic stage.

Angelo from Boston