Subject: Re: Fwd: Metropolitan Opera Cast Change Advisory - Eugene Onegin
From: Sue Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 8 Dec 2016 23:23:12 +0000

I'll answer your questions, but can't resist asking if you've been hiding under a rock?
Of course we've heard of Peter Mattei, and he is freaking amazing!
From Figaro in Met Barbiere, Amfortas in Parsifal, Count Almaviva in Le Nozze di Figaro, Wolfram in Tannhauser -- all from Met in HD on movie screens and videos. I have a DVD copy of Mattei singing the title role in a Scandinavian Onegin.

He inhabits his roles and sings each superbly. One of our fellow listerini here posted a link to his singing a Scandinavian art song, and it was almost too beautiful to bear.

You already know what you're getting with Mariusz Kweicien, so you might be happier swapping your ticket for his performances. On the other hand, if we won't be blessed with a return engagement from Dmitri Hvorostovsky, I am thrilled that we'll have Peter Mattei in the matinee in HD.
Sue HarrisonDallas, TX