Subject: Re: "la favorite" vs "la favorita"
From: Ron Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 14 Dec 2016 21:27:19 -0500

> On Dec 14, 2016, at 2:58 PM, kurt youngmann <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Anyone want to chime in with opinions?

I do prefer the French version of Favorite simply on the grounds that the melodic lines fit the contours of the French language better.
The difference is even more drastic with Don Carlos where the words in the Italian version are twisted out of their correct syntactical
position to make the meaning of the phrases incomprehensible.  I find the French poetry much more elegant, lyrical and satisfying.
But that’s just me.

Ron Magnuson

Modify your settings: