Subject: Re: Pol Plancon sings Cantique de Noel
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 15 Dec 2016 02:04:13 +0000

Sorry, but to my ears this performance is dreadful, in every way. Try Elina Granca or Juan Diego Florez on You Tube.  There is also a Christmas in Vienna, 2008, concert where they sing it together. This concert has two other wonderful singers, a boy's choir and adult choir. My favorite O Holy Night has always been that of Leontyne Price on her first Christmas Album, with Von K.