Subject: VdlA's "Niche" "There is a place for many voices."
From: Laurence Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 5 Dec 2016 12:25:44 -0500

Oh, thanks. How patronizing. I guess Callas, Tebaldi and Price also found their
"niches"? Pavarotti and Björling found their niches too. I guess it it true, "There
is a place for many voices." Are there as many niches for the many voices?
I guess if you don't like a voice or a singer, they are relegated to niches.

VdlA had millions of adoring fans and was a great artist with a very special
voice. I saw her as Manon, Marguerite, Mélisande, Martha, Desdemona and
Mimi + recitals.

A nice niche if you can get it!