Subject: Preview of IN SERIES' rare Granados' GOYESCAS to open this week at Gala Hispanic Theatre in DC(12-1-16)
From: Alan Savada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 5 Dec 2016 09:42:47 -0500

Last Thursday, I was honored to be asked to help organize a gala for the IN SERIES here in Washington which was held at the newly refurbished and reopened "Former Residence of the Ambassadors of Spain" and is now a cultural institute called SPAIN Arts & Culture run by the Spanish Embassy. His Excellency Ambassador Ramon Gil-Casares Satrustegui was in attendance and it was a glittering night with a superb performance of a shortened version of this month's In Series production.

The performances of the full and rarely performed Granados opera "Goyescas" along with deFalla's Seven Spanish Folk Songs and 3 Maja Dolorosa songs by Granados will be at Gala Hispanic Theatre on December 7,10,11(matinee),17 & 18.

For Spanish art song and opera lovers, this is not to be missed.

The production is directed and choreographed by Jaime Coronado with Carlos Cesar Rodriguez at the keyboard and features seven superb singers and one dancer. There were debuts with the In Series and most notable wer Fairouz Foty and Cara Gonzalez, joined by In Series regulars Peter Burroughs, Patricia Portillo, Alex Albuquerque and Elizabeth Mondragon. Garrett Matthews and dance Sara Herrera rounded out the splendid cast. I can't wait to return this coming Saturday evening to see the entire program.

I have to add that the buffet reception afterwards was not only delicious and lavish, but also offered up some superb Spanish wines (thanks to me!). A grand night was had by all!

ALAN SAVADA of Washington, DC